[AISWorld] ECIS2017 about Censorship in academia

Isabel Ramos iramos at dsi.uminho.pt
Sun Jan 29 13:05:31 EST 2017

Dear Colleagues,

Only now I became aware of this sequence of messages that mention
ECIS2017 and a comment that we supposedly deleted on our Facebook
page.

As Conference Co-Chair and on behalf of  the other 2 Conference
Chairs, Virpi Tuunainen and Helmut Krcmar, we inform all the community
that we never deleted any comment there and never saw the mentioned
comments:

"I have not, because then I would be banned from coming back to the
United States, thanks to Trump's executive order."

  "I have not, because then I would be banned from coming back to the
United States, thanks to Trump's executive order. (PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS
   MESSAGE LIKE YOU DID LAST TIME.)"

posted by Nima Kordzadeh.

No one in the team managing the facebook page has ever deleted these
or other comments, or have instructions to delete comments.

We are  very sorry to hear that comments are being deleted there
without our knowledge. I cannot say who is doing this. I can only say
that it is NOT the ECIS2017 team.

Please, report to us if this happens again - contact at ecis2017.eu

Thank you very much,
Isabel Ramos