[AISWorld] Question: do we really want to risk turning AIS into a political lobbying organization?

Kappelman, Leon Leon.Kappelman at unt.edu
Sun Jan 29 13:29:54 EST 2017

Question: do we really want to risk turning AIS into a political lobbying organization or are there already other venues for the political activities in which AIS members may wish to engage?

Seems to me we should keep AIS focused on the issues that concern us as academics - our research and teaching - and keep government policies on immigration, healthcare, gun rights, taxes, abortion, tariffs, and everything else in the venues where they belong.

"Let us be men, not monkeys minding machines, or sitting with our tails curled, while the machine amuses us." - D. H. Lawrence
Leon A. Kappelman, Ph.D.
  Professor of Information Systems<http://www.cob.unt.edu/profiles/112>
  Director Emeritus, Information Systems Research Center
    College of Business, University of North Texas
    Voice: 940-565-4698   Email: kapp at unt.edu<mailto:kapp at unt.edu>
  Primary Investigator, SIM's Annual IT Trends Study<http://www.simnet.org/?ITTrendsStudy>