[AISWorld] Analytics textbooks

Nik Rushdi Hassan nhassan at d.umn.edu
Tue Feb 7 22:47:51 EST 2017

There's not really a good one that covers all aspects, but the best one I
know, and the one I'm using for my Data Analytics class is Data Science for
Business by Provost and Fawcett.
Nik

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 3:34 PM, Jerry Flatto <jflatto at uindy.edu> wrote:

> I am looking for any recommendations on an analytics / business
> intelligence
> textbook.  I am not looking for a book that teaches how to perform
> analytics
> but rather more of an business overview.
>

> I am aware of the "Business Intelligence: Managerial Approach" (third
> edition) and the related "Business Intelligence and Analytics" book.  Any
> other textbooks that folks recommend?
>

> Thanks.
>

> Jerry
>

> "No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, a large
> number
> of electrons were slightly inconvenienced..."
>

> Dr. Jerry Flatto, Professor, Information Systems Department - School of
> Business
>
> University of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
> <mailto:jflatto at uindy.edu> mailto:jflatto at uindy.edu
>

> Confidentiality Notice: This communication and/or its content are for the
> sole use of the intended recipient, and may be privileged, confidential, or
> otherwise protected from disclosure by law.  If you are not the intended
> recipient, please notify the sender and then delete all copies of it.
> Unless you are the intended recipient, your use or dissemination of the
> information contained in this communication may be illegal.

Nik Rushdi Hassan, PhD
Assoc. Professor, Finance & MIS Dept.
Labovitz School of Business and Economics
University of Minnesota Duluth
1318 Kirby Drive, LSBE 335Q
Duluth MN 55812
Office Phone: (218) 726-7453