[AISWorld] Request for reviewing books

Shojaeizadeh, Mina minashojaei at wpi.edu
Thu Feb 16 19:25:29 EST 2017

Dear all,

I am writing to ask if anyone in the AIS community (faculty or PhD student) is interested to review books for Human-centered Informatics Series. Here is an example of one of the book by the author Jonathan Grudin:

>From Tool to Partner: The Evolution of Human-Computer Interaction

By Jonathan Grudin (Microsoft Research)

ISBN: 9781627059633

This is the first comprehensive history of human-computer interaction (HCI). This book describes the different fields that have participated in improving our digital tools. It is organized chronologically, describing major developments across fields in each period. Computer use has changed radically, but many underlying forces are constant. Technology has changed rapidly, human nature very little. An irresistible force meets an immovable object. The exponential rate of technological change gives us little time to react before technology moves on. Patterns and trajectories described in this book provide your best chance to anticipate what could come next.

Bookstore Link:

http://www.morganclaypoolpublishers.com/catalog_Orig/product_info.php?products_id=1021

You can also see the entire list of books in HCI series at:

http://www.morganclaypoolpublishers.com/catalog_Orig/index.php?cPath=22&sort=2d&series=30

If you are interested to do a review, please send an email to minashojaei at wpi.edu<mailto:minashojaei at wpi.edu> or beckley at morganclaypool.com , then we will send you the book for your review in ebook or print version.

Best regards,

Mina Shojaeizadeh
Foisie Business School, PhD Candidate,
SIGHCI Newsletter Editor,