[AISWorld] A Larger Question - ECIS 2017 - Panel Discussion: Making an Impact in a Publish-or-Perish World (June 9, 2-4 pm)

Sullivan, John jjsullivan at usf.edu
Fri Jun 2 10:48:51 EDT 2017

Dear Prashant,

While I have not yet had a paper accepted by one of our top journals, I feel that those that have accepted my work, as well as those that did not, did so in a fair and objective manner.  Also, for the papers that were rejected, when I reread my work within the context of the feedback provided by the reviewers, I could see they were right.  It ultimately made my work better.

No one has ever asked, hinted, implied that if I compromised my integrity, I would recieve special treatment.  The only preference that I have noticed is that North American journals lean more toward quantitative data than qualitative, but even that preference is beginning to balance out.

This is probably not the resounding "jump on the band wagon" you were looking for, but you did ask us to speak up.

With kind regards,

John

John J. Sullivan, Ph.D.
School of Information