[AISWorld] CFP: Opportunities and Challenges for the Digitized Society: Are We Ready?[PACIS 2018 Theme]

"Jungwoo Lee" jlee at yonsei.ac.kr
Tue Jan 9 16:51:33 EST 2018

*******

Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS 2018)

2018. 06. 26~30, Yokohoma Japan

*******

[CFP-Theme Track: Opportunities and Challenges for the Digitized Society: Are We Ready?]

*******

[Deadline: 2018. 02. 26]

*******

We, the community of IS scholars with balanced training on social and technical aspects of these transformation, are well positioned to address the issues of the technological and societal changes and impacts incurred by information technologies and systems. This track welcomes innovative and relevant studies on societal impacts of technologies. Empirical (qualitative and quantitative) studies as well as design-oriented research and conceptual papers on theory development are welcome. Societal impacts can be actual or potential, intended or unintended, and positive, negative, or diverse in effect. Due to the broad and inclusive nature of the topic, we encourage the submission of studies that address a variety of different units of analysis, including individual, group, process, organization, government, and society at large. The research questions may derive from a broad spectrum of related disciplines.

*******

Potential topics of interest include (but are not limited to):

*******

Societal consequences of technologies and solutions

Societal consequences of global sourcing and development

Societal innovations using technologies

Smart cities with ubiquitous technologies

Empowering marginalized groups in society with IS

New and emerging markets in IS/IT

Green IS

Societal impacts of robotics

Responsible and/or sustainable IT Innovation

Changing nature of work and life in information society

Working smarter with ICT

New forms of work in digital platforms (e.g., crowd work; e-lancing)

Emerging patterns and dynamics of work: organizational and individual perspective

Work fragmentation and nomadic work practices

The new skills and roles

Digital transformation of the labor market: end of capitalism; surveillance capitalism

Future professions and the unbundling of expertise

IS-related unemployment and deskilling, especially in knowledge work

Dark side of technology including stress, addiction, victimization, surveillance, etc.

Impact of IT/IS on the transformation of the workplace

*******

Good papers will be fast-tracked to the International Journal of Information Systems and Social Change  (https://www.igi-global.com/journal/international-journal-information-systems-social/1111)

*******

Details in https://pacis2018.jp/

*******

[Track Co-Chairs]

Jungwoo Lee, Yonsei University (jlee at yonsei.ac.kr)

Hirotoshi Takeda, Universite Laval (hirotoshi.takeda at fsa.ulaval.ca)

Cheng Zhang, Fudan University (zhangche at fudan.edu.cn)

*******

[Associate Editors]

Seung Ik Baek, Hanyang University

Zhuolan Bao, University of Hong Kong

Jin Chen, East China University of Science and Technology

Wenbo Chen, Wuhan University

Myung Gil Choi, Choongang University

Mike Gallivan, Kennessaw State University

Xunhua Guo, Tsinghua University

Hyejung Lee, Kyunghee University

Seyoon Lee, Institute of East West Studies, Yonsei University

Xixi Li, Tsinghua University

Wooju Kim, Yonsei University

Gyoo Gun Lim, Hanyang University

Jifeng Luo, Shanghai Jiaotong University

Jinyoung Min, Chosun University

Jae Yun Moon, Korea University

Jun-Gi Park, Institute of Convergence Science, Yonsei University

Lionel Robert, University of Michigan

Peijian Song, Nanjing University

Ayoung Suh, City University of Hong Kong

Nianxin Wang, Jiangsu University of Science and Technology

Xiaolun Wang, Nanjing University of Science and Technology

Youwei Wang, Fudan University

Qiang Wei, Tsinghua University

Brett Young, Georgia Gwinnett College