[AISWorld] Call for Papers: Emerging Technologies and the IoT Track, ACIS 2018

Michael Sheng michaelsheng602 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 02:02:18 EDT 2018

Call for Papers

29th Australasian Conference on Information Systems
3-5 December 2018, UTS, Sydney, Australia

http://www.acis2018.org/

Deadline: 6 August 2018
http://www.acis2018.org/submission-guidelines/

Emerging Technologies and the IoT Track

The Internet of Things (IoT) is an emerging and promising area that
proposes to turn every tangible entity into a node on the Internet. IoT is
widely regarded as the leading technology that will change our world in the
next decade. With a network of cheap sensors and interconnected things, the
information we collect about our world will be generated at a much higher
granularity from IoT devices. IoT will play a critical role to i) improve
productivity, operational effectiveness, decision making, and to ii)
identify new business models for social and economic opportunities.
Successful deployment of IoT solutions will allow for safer roads, better
use of public transport and cities, effective and cheaper aged care and
healthcare, better use of our energy resources, to name a few.

While IoT-based digital strategies and innovations provide industries
across the spectrum with exciting capabilities to create a competitive edge
and build more value into their services, as what the Internet has done in
the past 25 years, there are still significant gaps in making IoT a
reality. Existing Internet protocols, tools, and service-oriented standards
are not designed to deal with things in IoT, many of which are resource
constrained. Specifically, the IoT environment is a federated environment
where things and their data, cloud services, and IT services (for example,
for data analysis and visualization) are often provided by independent
providers with diverse interfaces, as well as business, cost, and QoS
models. To provide new Internet-scale services, the IoT must (re)use IoT
things deployed by others and data collected by others for their own
purpose.

In this track, we will explore how information systems can contribute to
addressing IoT challenges. Suggested topics include but are not limited to:

- IoT-based business process management
- IoT and big data
- Next generation infrastructure for IoT
- IoT and blockchain
- Cloud computing and IoT
- IoT and security, privacy and trust
- IoT and standards
- Edge computing and IoT
- IoT and e-health
- IoT platforms, tools, and applications
- Reference architectures for IoT
- Articifical Intelligence for IoT
- IoT-enabled smart homes and smart cities
- IoT and Web of Things

Track Chairs
Michael Sheng, Macquarie University, Australia
Fethi Rabhi, UNSW, Australia