[AISWorld] CFP for the mini-track "Virtual Communities and Social Media in Health Care" in AMCIS 2019

Xiaofeng Chen chenx at wwu.edu
Wed Jan 23 14:24:26 EST 2019

Dear AIS members,

This is a Call-for-paper for the mini-track "Virtual Communities and Social Media in Health Care" in AMCIS 2019, which will be held in Cancun, Mexico from August 15-17, 2019.
This mini-track seeks to explore the opportunities as well as the issues associated with virtual communities and social media in health care. We encourage paper submissions that study the development, use, and assessment of virtual communities and social media in healthcare, which can be from a variety of perspectives (e.g., patient, healthcare provider, and healthcare organization). We welcome papers that study the application of virtual communities and social media in this context as well as challenge such applications. This minitrack is open to both theoretical and empirical studies, and is open to all research methods (e.g., survey, field study, case study, experimentation).
For more information, please see the attached CFP document to this email.

Sincerely yours,

Xiaofeng Chen, Ph.D.
Department of Decision Sciences
College of Business and Economics