[AISWorld] CALL FOR PAPERS: "Mind the Gap", a Workshop @ ECIS 2019 - 27th European Conference on Information Systems | due March 15

A.S.Almeida asa at dei.uc.pt
Thu Jan 24 06:40:58 EST 2019

****************************

*MIND THE GAP: Shared stories from the trenches of IS, HCI and Design
frontiers, in real-life projects*

a workshop @
**ECIS'2019 - 27th European Conference on Information Systems:
Information Systems for a Sharing Society**,
June 8-14, in Stockholm and Uppsala, Sweden

****************************

**Call for Participation**

Over the past two decades, the field of Information Systems (IS) has
developed to account for the growing relationship between people, ICT
technologies, business contexts and societal goals when designing and
developing digital solutions. The body of knowledge has evolved to
account for the more iterative, incremental and agile paces of real-life
IS development, borrowing (and providing) knowledge, context and
methodologies from (and to) related fields of Human-Computer Interaction
(HCI) and (User Experience /Service) Design.

When dealing with real-life challenges, researchers and professionals
have a variety of methodologies, techniques and tools to use for
supporting the process. Albeit, there is a lack of practical guidance to
choose which one is a best fit to apply, how to evaluate the (ongoing)
outcome and, if needed, to improve or revise the strategy and ended
solution.

We are planning a hands-on *full-day co-design workshop* in order to
identify fertile research gaps on the transdisciplinary frontier of HCI,
IS and Design. We aim further to identify opportunities for effective
future interdisciplinary and collaborative work, along publishing
agenda, between workshop participants and respective extended network.

**Key Goals**

The purpose of the workshop is to strengthen and develop a community of
researchers and practitioners, working in the crossroad of the
disciplines of (UX/Service) Design, HCI and IS. Main goals are to:

     - Strengthen the network of academics and practitioners, within the
IS community, that commonly cross the frontiers of disciplines, mixing
and adapting methodologies, technologies and tools to pragmatically
design and develop real-life solutions;

     - Provide an opportunity for researchers and practitioners to come
together to reflect, to gain and to give feedback, discussing
approaches, challenges and opportunities for the future;

     - Identify major research avenues for future interdisciplinary
collaboration;

     - Share and catalogue case studies, practices and/or field reports
on innovative approaches and perspectives on information systems and
services development, crossing disciplines.

**How to Participate?**

We encourage researchers and practitioners involved in practice-oriented
research projects to submit a short paper (no more than 5 pages, on the
ECIS Research Project format) stating background; brief
case/project/process description; challenges and opportunities
identified and what had been done to overcome difficulties, identifying
what else authors would like to be doing.*
*

**Important Dates:**

Deadline for papers: **March 15, 2019**
Notification of acceptance: /April 15, 2019/
Final version of papers: June 5, 2019
Workshop: June 10 or 11, 2019

Please send your paper to “mindthegap [@] dei.uc.pt
<mailto:mindthegap at dei.uc.pt>”.

Please do not anonymize your submission. Since we want to guarantee
diversity, based on the submitted papers we expect to select a diverse
set of participants to share their ideas and experiences.

If your paper is selected, at least one author must attend the workshop
at ECIS 2019 Conference.
Early registration starts on March 1, 2019.

More information on the workshop website: mindthegap.dei.uc.pt
<http://mindthegap.dei.uc.pt/>

Thank you. Looking forward to see you at ECIS 2019!
A.S.Almeida