[AISWorld] Sydney big data analytics workshop

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Wed Feb 6 04:21:05 EST 2019

G'day Gohar

On 6/2/19 6:25 pm, Gohar F. Khan wrote:
 > Some members may be interested in this workshop in Sydney (sorry for
cross-posting): https://www.analyticsworkshops.com/home ...

It looks like you do lots on the application of analytical techniques to
highly varied kinds of data.

But I haven't detected anything in there about checks on data quality,
or on the extent to which the data-set may contain data from multiple
sources, but with varying definitions, varying assumptions about what to
do about missing data, and varying data collection purposes and quality.

Do you just ignore such things?

In which case, what justification do you have for your results being at
all closely related to reality?

Regards  ...  Roger

Big Data, Big Risks
http://www.rogerclarke.com/EC/BDBR.html

Quality Assurance for Security Applications of Big Data
http://www.rogerclarke.com/EC/BDQAS.html

Guidelines for the Responsible Application of Data Analytics
http://www.rogerclarke.com/EC/GDA.html

Towards Responsible Data Analytics: A Process Approach
http://www.rogerclarke.com/EC/BDBP.html