[AISWorld] Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Business Informatics (Focus: Health Informatics)

Souren Paul souren.paul at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 14:56:17 EDT 2019

The Department of Business Informatics at Northern Kentucky University
invites applications for one full-time, tenure-track assistant professor
positions in the Business Informatics department. The position is for
faculty with research and teaching experience in Health Informatics, with
preferences for faculty with expertise that span other areas of Information
Systems as well. The position will begin August 2020.

In addition to teaching and research, successful candidates for the
assistant professor position will also participate in university service
and industry engagement activities as applicable. An ability to work with
individuals in related academic fields and the local business and
healthcare industry, in order to make our programs more responsive to
regional and national needs, is highly desired.

Programs in the Department include a Master of Science in Business
Informatics (MBI), postgraduate certificates, and an undergraduate bachelor
degree and minor in Business Information Systems. These academic programs
are AACSB accredited. The Department of Business Informatics partners with
the NKU College of Business to offer innovative interdisciplinary
AACSB accredited
curriculum and programs. The Department also collaborates with the College
of Health Professions to enhance and integrate our graduate and
undergraduate Health Informatics degrees and related programs. The
department also provides extensive service courses for the universities BSBA
 and MBA programs. It currently has 17 full-time faculty.

Applicants must have a PhD or DBA in Information Systems or a closely
related field from an AACSB accredited university; although, ABDs will be
considered (official transcripts will be required prior to employment).
Candidates with relevant Information Systems industry experience are highly
desired.

Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal
Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness, equity,
and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence
through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff.
Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.

Applications should be submitted at http://
https://jobs.nku.edu/hr/postings/8509. Applicants should also provide a
cover letter outlining qualifications and interests, a detailed curriculum
vitae, evidence of teaching effectiveness, a list of three references with
contact information, and a sample of research work.

Review of applications will begin immediately and we will make the
shortlisting decision on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should
apply now or soon, as priority will be given to early applications. We
intend to conduct preliminary interviews at AMCIS and ICIS (if necessary).
For interviews at AMCIS, please send your curriculum vitae to the Search
Committee: Dr. Teuta Cata catat at nku.edu by August 12, 2019.