[AISWorld] Reminder and Instructions: AMCIS 2020 - Call for Mini-Tracks

amcis 2020 amcis2020.program at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 15:55:59 EDT 2019

Colleagues,

Just a friendly reminder that proposals for AMCIS 2020 mini-tracks are
due *October
18, 2019* (see a copy of the call below).  Attached are instructions for
submitting your mini-track proposal via PCS.

Please contact us with any questions. We look forward to receiving your
proposals!

Best,

Sue Brown
Kathy Chudoba
Kelly Fadel

AMCIS 2020 Program Co-Chairs

amcis2020.program at gmail.com  <amcis2020.program at gmail.com>

*We invite the submission of mini-track proposals to AMCIS 2020, which will
be held on August 12-16, 2020 in Salt Lake City, UT, USA!*

AMCIS 2020 will provide exciting opportunities for participation,
collaboration, and dialogue related to the conference theme, A Vision for
the Future. A vision describes where we want to be or what we hope to
achieve.  We look forward to joining with you in Salt Lake City to exchange
ideas about digital technologies, their interaction with people and
processes, and how and when they can lead to organizational innovation and
transformation.  More broadly, how do we envision our role as academics and
practitioners in documenting versus driving this innovation and
transformation?

If you are interested in submitting a mini-track proposal, please notice
the following important information:

   -

   Mini-tracks will be managed under tracks. Visit the descriptions of
   AMCIS 2020 tracks (
   https://amcis2020.aisconferences.org/track-descriptions/) and identify a
   related track for your submission.
   -

   Each mini-track should have 1-5 mini-track chairs (2-3 preferred). An
   individual can chair at most two mini-tracks.
   -

   An individual must hold only one role within a track. A person should
   not be both a track chair and mini-track chair within the same track.

Mini-track proposals are due by October 18, and will be submitted through
the PCS system (instructions to follow).

If accepted, mini-track chairs are expected to:

   -

   Promote their mini-track to generate manuscript submissions to the
   conference
   -

   Solicit and assign reviewers for manuscripts submitted to the mini-track
   -

   Provide a summary report to authors based on reviews
   -

   Make recommendations to track chairs about each manuscript submitted to
   the mini-track
   -

   Nominate best papers and reviewers

AMCIS 2020 Tentative Timeline:

September 19, 2019: PCS opens for mini-track proposals
October 18, 2019: Mini-track proposals due
October 24, 2019: Track chairs make recommendations on mini-tracks
October 29, 2019: Mini-track decisions announced
January 2020: System opens for general paper submissions

March 26 2020: Reviews due

April 7 2020: Mini-track chair recommendations are due

We look forward to receiving your mini-track proposals.

Best wishes,