[AISWorld] new text on Blockchain

William Wagner william.wagner at villanova.edu
Mon Oct 14 12:05:58 EDT 2019

Hi Everyone:

If you are considering how to add Blockchain to your curriculum, I wanted to alert you to a new textbook that I just recently published.

I partnered with the founders of a Blockchain Consulting firm (Animal Ventures) who are leaders in this emerging area to collaborate on this book.  My co-author, Bettina Warburg travels the world giving talks on Blockchain, and she presented one of the first Ted Talks on Blockchain in 2016.

The text has been developed with the maximum flexibility in mind to fit with a wide variety of courses at both the graduate and undergraduate levels.  The chapters are detachable to some extent so that you can pick and choose the ones that best fit your course if you just want to use it for a module on Blockchain. It is currently being used at a number of schools.  It offers a mix of concepts and hands-on tutorials that make it very accessible to all levels of readers.  Chapters include:

Chap 1 – Blockchain Fundamentals

Chap 2 – Technology Behind Blockchain

Chap 3 – Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies

Chap 4 – Blockchain 2.0: Ethereum and Smart Contracts (Ethereum Tutorial)

Chap 5 – Blockchain Project Management, Use Cases (Hyperledger Tutorial)

Chap 6 – Future of Blockchain (Advanced Ethereum Tutorial)

Each Chapter includes:

•Learning objectives

•Text boxes for interesting related stories and mini cases

•Ethical/Legal issues of blockchain

•Chapter Summary

•Key Words/Glossary

•Questions/Exercises

Resources for the Text Include

•Chapter PowerPoints
•Test bank
•Instructor’s manual

You can access a more detailed ToC at

www.amazon.com/Basics-Blockchain-economics-technology-blockchain/dp/1089919441/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FBasics-Blockchain-economics-technology-blockchain%2Fdp%2F1089919441%2Fref%3Dtmm_pap_swatch_0%3F_encoding%3DUTF8%26qid%3D%26sr%3D&data=02%7C01%7Cwilliam.wagner%40villanova.edu%7Cfea265ebb3bf4656912508d74dada158%7C765a8de5cf9444f09cafae5bf8cfa366%7C0%7C0%7C637063280436309686&sdata=fvmy4lciV3sJTLbdeUwW4EMD%2B42Jr1MyOo%2B1AR5bfbI%3D&reserved=0>

It is available as both an e-book and a printed text.  Updates to the text will be available on a website too. I have a limited number of hard copies available for those who are seriously looking for a text for an actual class.  Feel free to email me your info to:  william.wagner at villanova.edu<mailto:william.wagner at villanova.edu>

Regards,

Bill Wagner, PhD

Associate Prof MIS and Chair

Accounting & IS