[AISWorld] Reminder: EJIS Special Issue & ICIS2019 Paper development workshop: The Dark Side of Analytics and Artificial Intelligence

Conboy, Kieran kieran.conboy at nuigalway.ie
Mon Oct 14 12:12:32 EDT 2019

Reminder: The European Journal of Information Systems has just announced a special issue on “The Dark Side of Analytics and Artificial Intelligence" - https://bit.ly/2mAYOIr.

There will also be an associated paper development workshop at ICIS2019 in Munich where you can get feedback on your work as you develop the full paper for submission.

Guest editors: Patrick Mikalef, Ales Popovic, Jenny Eriksson Lundström and Kieran Conboy

Short Description
With this call for papers, we aim to extend the critical reflection on the impact and unintended consequences of big data analytics and AI. Specifically, we aim to attract submissions that delve into the many misplaced assumptions and potential
dangers that AI might introduce in the organizational setting. Such negative implications tend to be often overlooked by
empirical research studies and their consequence seldom discussed. We invite the submission of original manuscripts that
advance empirical, theoretical, and conceptual understanding of the consequences and effects of how big data analytics and
AI drive digital business strategy. Manuscripts must have substantial implications for theory and practice, and we welcome
both empirical papers and conceptual theory development papers, as well as other genres. We are particularly interested in
manuscripts that address the challenges and changes that these technological innovations bring to strategic management
theories, and how such technologies may change the way we think about how organisations operate and compete. The
special issue is designed to embrace a variety of perspectives on emerging technological innovations, information systems,
and digital business strategy research. Purely computer science papers are not within the scope of this special issue

Important Dates
Development workshop at ICIS 2019
- Extended abstracts submission commences September 30th, 2019 and abstracts accepted until final date of November 10th, 2019
- Authors will be notified of decision within 2 weeks of their submission.
- Workshop event: 15th – 18th December 2019

EJIS Special Issue
- Initial paper submission deadline: March 15th, 2020
- First round authors notification: May 31st, 2020
- Invited revisions deadline: July 15th, 2020
- Second round authors notification: August 31st, 2020
- Final revision deadline: October 15th, 2020
- Final authors notification: December 15th, 2020
- Projected publication: Spring 2021

Do not hesitate to get in touch with me or my co-editors If you are interested in submitting and would like to discuss your ideas.

Prof. Kieran Conboy
Lero Research Centre & Whitaker Institute
School of Business & Economics
NUI Galway
+353 (0)91 492913