[AISWorld] SIGPhil's Philosophical dialogues: the story behind the work with Bo Dahlbom

SANTA, Mijalche mijalche at santa.mk
Wed Sep 30 16:10:03 EDT 2020

"SIGPhil's Philosophical dialogues: the story behind the work" is an AIS SIGPhil's activity to promote the philosophical discourse in IS field.

The purpose of the SIGPhil's podcasts "Philosophical dialogues: the story behind the work" is to go behind the published work and seek answers to why philosophy, how philosophy, when philosophy and with whom. Together with the quests talking about their experience we will explore the history, the ideas, the reasoning, the process, the challenges and the funny things that happened and made contribution to what they did and published. We will also discuss what did not got published and the future of their philosophical work. All that in 45 to 60 minutes.

If you want to engage or just explore the philosophy of science in information systems you should listen these podcasts.

In the third "SIGPhil's Philosophical dialogues: the story behind the work" I talk with Bo Dahlbom. Bo Dahlbom is a professor of information systems at the University of Gothenburg and research director at Sustainable Innovation. He is a Fellow of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences.
Prof. Bo Dahlbom has contributed to the development of the discipline information systems in Scandinavia, to the Nordic cooperation as the initiator of the IRIS Association, as editor of the Scandinavian journal, as conference organizer, and as the initiator of large Nordic collaborative research projects.
He became associate professor in theoretical philosophy in 1983, full professor of information systems in 1994.

It is this unique experience of Bo Dahlbom that provides a unique insight in our discussion while we discuss the past, present and the future of philosophy and information systems, the relation of empirical research and philosophical awareness and much more. Without a future do I bring you prof. Bo Dahlbom

You can listen the podcast on the following link https://anchor.fm/mijalche-santa/episodes/Bo-Dahlbom---SIGPhils-Philosophical-dialogues-ek49vo

Stay tuned

Mijalche Santa
on behalf of AIS SIGPhil team

gOaL: mAkiNg ToDay W O R T H

Mijalche Santa, Ph.D. (he/him/his)
Vice-Dean for Science and International Cooperation and Associate Professor
Faculty of Economics - Skopje
Ss. Cyril and Methodius University
mijalche.santa at eccf.ukim.edu.mk
mijalche at santa.mk