[AISWorld] Final call-for-papers: Agil-ISE workshop at CAiSE'22

Dalpiaz, F. (Fabiano) F.Dalpiaz at uu.nl
Thu Feb 17 07:46:50 EST 2022

Call for Papers: 1st International Workshop on Agile Methods for Information Systems Engineering (Agil-ISE)

https://agilise.github.io/2022/

June 6th or 7th, 2022 - Leuven, Belgium - Co-located with CAiSE'22.

*Paper Submission Deadline: March 8th, 2022*

*Overview*
The objective of this workshop is to bring together researchers interested in this theme, to learn from each other, inform each other on their research, and see whether collaboration on particular topics of interest can be planned.

While the topic of Agile is within the scope of CAiSE, there have not been many accepted papers, and we are not aware of similar workshops being organized. At CAiSE'21, the MOBA workshop on organizational and business agility was organized, but that differs from our workshop because we focus on agile methods for ISE and not on business agility. There are related workshops in Requirements Engineering related conferences, but they do not focus on Agile software development. Some of these workshops also look into how novel technologies (in particular AI, such as in the AIRE at RE workshop or the NLP4RE at REFSQ workshop) can improve the RE process, but again without specific focus on methods, artifacts, and techniques used in agile ISE.

Further, we are aware of a good number of researchers who are investigating this workshop's theme. Since these researchers haven't yet a workshop to identify with, we see Agil-ISE as an opportunity to create a community of like-minded researchers working or planning to work on topics related to our theme.

*Topics (non-comprehensive list)*
- Artifacts in agile ISE
- Techniques for using agile ISE artifacts
- Novel methods for agile ISE
- Conceptual models for agile ISE
- Empirical studies on ISE practices
- Automation in agile ISE, including AI, ML, NLP
- Cognitive aspects of agile ISE (e.g., shared understanding)
- Experience with transition to agile methods in ISE

*Paper types*

We ask for short position papers (5 pages in the CEUR-WS style) that describe ongoing research related to the theme or planned research. We intend to publish these papers, after basic review, in an online CEUR proceedings. The authors of accepted papers will be asked to prepare for a short presentation (5-10 minutes, depending on the number of submissions and accepted papers). After the presentations, we will split the participants into groups for specific discussions. Finally, we will re-gather in a plenary session for discussion and wrap-up.

Full call for papers: https://agilise.github.io/2022/paper.html

*Organising Committee*

Palash Bera, Saint Louis University, United States
Yves Wautelet, KU Leuven, Belgium
Fabiano Dalpiaz, Utrecht University, The Netherlands

*Program Committee*

Pär Ågerfalk, Uppsala University, Sweden
Fatma Başak Aydemir, Boğaziçi University, Turkey
Sjaak Brinkkemper, Utrecht University, Netherlands
Maya Daneva, University of Twente, Netherlands
Fabian Gilson, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
Samedi Heng, Université de Liège, Belgium
Soreangsey Kiv, UCLouvain, Belgium
Jil Klünder, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany
Marco Kuhrmann, Reutlingen University, Germany
Isabelle Mirbel, Université Côte d'Azur, France
Rahul Mohanani, Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, India
Sridhar Nerur, University of Texas at Arlington, USA
Stephan Poelmans, KULeuven, Belgium
Marcela Ruiz, Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
Binny Samuel, University of Cincinnati, USA
Thiago Rocha Silva, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
Konstantinos Tsilionis, KULeuven, Belgium

*Contact*
mailto:agilise22 at easychair.org