[AISWorld] Earth Day 2022 -- HOW WE CAN HELP PROTECT THE EARTH FROM WORSENING CLIMATE CHANGE

San Murugesan san1 at internode.net
Fri Apr 22 19:54:24 EDT 2022

HOW WE CAN HELP PROTECT THE EARTH FROM WORSENING CLIMATE CHANGE

Today (22nd April) is Earth Day. Earth Day, which is celebrated annually on
22 April, aims to drive transformative change by educating people about what
they can do to help protect Earth. The day reminds us of the need to protect
our planet and its ecosystems against the worsening climate crisis.

Engineers and technologists can and should play major roles in creating a
greener planet, creating tools that address environmental degradation. In
many ways, the technical and scientific community can help to address this
crisis. In the following articles, I outline how the climate crisis affects
us and a few how technological solutions, and discuss how we can help
protect our worsening environment.

How Engineers Can Help Protect Earth From Worsening Climate Change, IEEE The
Institute, 21 April 2022.
https://spectrum.ieee.org/engineers-combatting-climate-change

Making Information Tech Greener Can Help Address the Climate Crisis, IEEE
The Institute, 7 Oct 2021.
https://spectrum.ieee.org/making-information-tech-greener

Regards

Prof San Murugesan <http://www.tinyurl.com/san1bio>