[AISWorld] CFP: Workshop on AI & Analytics for Social Good - May 5, 2023 @ the Smith School, UMD

Jui Ramaprasad jramapra at umd.edu
Tue Jan 3 12:36:58 EST 2023

Dear colleagues,

We invite you to submit an abstract to the second annual Workshop on AI &
Analytics for Social Good to be held at the Smith School of Business at the
University of Maryland on May 5, 2023. This workshop brings together
academics, thought leaders and stakeholders to discuss how analytics can
support organizations, including government entities, non-profits, and
social impact organizations, in improving their reach and impact through
innovative use of data and models. The overarching theme is analytics for
doing good.

Website:
https://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/departments/decision-operations-information-technologies/impact-workshop

Why Participate?
*Exchange ideas with other scholars doing state-of-art research on
analytics for making positive impact on society
*Receive feedback on research projects and preliminary research ideas on
analytics for social good
*Showcase research and ideas with federal and state policy makers

Who Should Submit Papers?
*Scholars at universities and research institutions working on analytics
for good.
*Policy makers who frame their policies using business analytics
*We are agnostic about the topic of research provided it fits into the
Workshop theme

**We particularly encourage young scholars, junior faculty and PhD students
to submit papers!**

Important Dates
*Deadline for Abstract submission: March 1, 2023
*Notification of Acceptance: March 15, 2023
*Conference Date: May 5, 2023

Submission Requirements:
*2-3 page extended abstract (excluding references). The abstract should
include the title of the paper and the names and email addresses of all of
the authors, and should highlight the research questions/goals, novelty,
methodological approach, main results, and impact or potential for impact.
*Please submit abstracts by email to socialimpactanalytics at umd.edu.

Organizing Committee
*Margret Vilborg Bjarnadottir: mbjarnad at umd.edu
*Jui Ramaprasad: jramapra at umd.edu
*Hamsa Sridhar Bastani: hamsab at wharton.upenn.edu

Registration will be available soon. We look forward to welcoming you to
the Smith School!

--
Jui Ramaprasad
Associate Professor