[AISWorld] Tenure-Track Assistant Professor Position in MIS @ The University of Dayton

Donald Wynn dwynn1 at udayton.edu
Sun Nov 12 19:28:57 EST 2023

The Department of Management Information Systems, Operations & Supply Chain
Management, and Business Analytics offers undergraduate majors and minors
in MIS, Business Analytics, and Operations and Supply Management (OSC) as
well as a master’s degree in Business Analytics. We also offer MBA
certificates in Business Analytics, Business Intelligence, Business Systems
Development, Cyber Security Management, and Project Management, and
additional undergraduate minors in Business Analytics, Business
Intelligence, and Cyber Security Management. The Department also supports
business undergraduates and graduate students with courses in MIS, OSC,
Business Analytics, and Statistics. Core MIS major requirements include
systems analysis and design, project management, database management, and
application development. A distinctive feature of the undergraduate MIS
major is a two semester, applied capstone sequence wherein students develop
useful IS solutions for local business organizations. The curriculum is
designed to facilitate double majors. Historically, our graduates have been
very well placed in the job market in large and small organizations, both
in the Dayton region and nationally.

The Department faculty are well known for their research, teaching, and
professional service. Faculty accomplishments include publishing numerous
articles in major academic journals and serving in editorial positions of
leading academic journals and as key officers in major professional
organizations. An MIS Advisory Board, composed of senior MIS executives
from local and national organizations, regularly interacts with the
Department faculty and students and provides guidance in areas such as
curriculum development, research activities, and student employment. The
MIS Advisory Board is also a valuable source of student projects and guest
speakers in courses. An MIS Distinguished Speaker series invites at least
one highly-accomplished scholar in the MIS arena to visit the Department
every year. The Department has a similar advisory board and speaker series
in Operations Management.

The University of Dayton, founded in 1850 by the Society of Mary, is a top
ten Catholic research university. The University of Dayton is committed to
the recruitment, hiring, and promotion of outstanding, diverse faculty and
staff who value its mission and share its commitment to academic excellence
in teaching, research, and artistic creativity, the development of the
whole person, and leadership and service in the local and global community.
In support of this commitment, the University is pleased to provide support
for spouses of prospective and newly hired faculty. The dual career program
serves as a resource and support system and is not intended to take the
place of one’s job search efforts.

The opening is for a tenure-track position specializing in Management
Information Systems (MIS) at the rank of Assistant Professor. The expected
starting date is August 16, 2024. Teaching load and the compensation
package, including summer research support, are competitive and depend on
the qualifications and experience of the candidate.

At the University of Dayton, we value our inclusive climate because we know
that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing
innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an
inclusive academic community. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range
of perspectives and experiences, we encourage all candidates to apply.

 Minimum Qualifications
ABD progressing toward completed Ph.D. in MIS (or a closely-related
discipline)
evidence of the potential for high quality, scholarly MIS publications
experience in teaching in MIS (or a closely-related discipline)

Application Process
Please submit
Cover Letter addressing all minimum and any preferred qualifications met,
CV,
 Teaching Statement describing your approach to teaching MIS, along with a
commitment to inclusive excellence, and
Research Statement describing your current and anticipated research topics,
methodological approaches, and targeted publication outlets.
Applicants whose degree has not been conferred at the time of application
must submit a statement from their degree-granting department indicating
the anticipated timeline for completion of all requirements for the PhD.

Initial candidate interviews will be held via videoconference early in 2024.

Application Deadline
12/15/2023

The University of Dayton is a top tier, Catholic Research University with
offerings from the undergraduate to the doctoral levels. Founded in 1850 by
the Society of Mary, the University is a diverse community committed to
advancing the common good through intellectual curiosity, academic rigor,
community engagement and local, national and global partnerships. Guided by
the Marianist educational philosophy, we educate the whole person and link
learning and scholarship with leadership and service.

Informed by its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed
to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Informed by this
commitment, we seek to increase diversity, achieve equitable outcomes, and
model inclusion across our campus community. As an Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Employer, we will not discriminate against minorities,
women, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis
of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or
gender identity.

The University is also pleased to provide support for spouses of
prospective and newly hired faculty through its dual career program. While
we cannot guarantee placement, we serve as an effective resource and
support system for your spouse. Information can be found at
http://www.udayton.edu/hr/employee_resources/dual_career_resources.php.