[IRIS] Only 1 week to IRIS/SCIS 2021... now with the virtual IRIS games!

Elena Parmiggiani parmiggi at ntnu.no
Mon Aug 2 09:34:56 EDT 2021

Dear all,

The online IRIS/SCIS 2021 event organized by NTNU, Norway, is just one week away and will take place on Aug 9th-11th!
Don't forget to register<https://www.irisscis2021.com/#registration> and join us for a very engaging program<https://www.irisscis2021.com/#program>, now with a surprise....

Of course we are aware that not being able to meet in person means that the IRIS games cannot happen in their traditional format.

But no worries!

On behalf of our fantastic social committee (Casandra Grundstrom, Tangni Dahl-Jørgensen, and Silvia Masiero), I am proud to present two very exciting virtual social events, in the spirit of the IRIS games!

The events will take place at 17:30 on Aug 9th and 10th, after the regular program. Info and links will be available soon through the conference website and the OnAir conference portal. We are so looking forward to meeting and mingling with you all!

Aug 9th: Virtual Pub - All are welcome to the virtual pub where we will have the opportunity to network over a virtual glass of your favourite drink (BYOB). We will use breakout rooms to mingle and get to know each other a little better... and there will be a surprise guest! Later in the evening, we will have a trivia contest to test your knowledge of Nordic cities. The event will last about 1h30m, but the pub can stay open longer for mingling!

Aug 10th: Cook Along - Join  the cooking live stream for an introduction to Nordic cuisine you can make right in your own home. Gather the ingredients on the grocery list and cook along for a delicious dinner and dessert. Join the stream to gain some culinary insights and ask the chef's  for tips during the Q&A. You will also get some suggestions for pairing your food with Norwegian drinks!
Grocery list: https://tinyurl.com/irissciscooking
The event is due to last approx. 1h.

Also, a final reminder to renew your IRIS membership<https://communities.aisnet.org/scandinavia/about/membership> via your AIS account if you haven't done so already : )

Welcome!

Elena Parmiggiani, on behalf of the organizing committee
--
Elena Parmiggiani
Associate professor

https://www.ntnu.edu/employees/parmiggi