[IRIS] Join the 12th CNOW workshop at ECIS 2023 - extended deadline

Louise Harder Fischer louf at itu.dk
Wed Apr 12 10:11:37 EDT 2023

Dear all,

This is just a gentle reminder of the upcoming CNOW Workshop in relation to ECIS 2023 Tuesday the 13th June.
We are looking forward to a great discussion around ”Exploring Critical Challenges for the Changing Nature of Work”.
Hope to see you there. Read more at our website: CNoW 2023 - SIG CNoW (aisnet.org)<https://communities.aisnet.org/sigcnow/cnow2023>.

Best regards and on behalf of the Organizing Committee
Louise Harder Fischer

The 12th CNOW Workshop

SIG-CNOW PRE-ECIS WORKSHOP
"EXPLORING CRITICAL CHALLENGES FOR THE CHANGING NATURE OF WORK"

A membership of SIG CNOW is required upon registration
Time and Date: Tuesday the 13th June from 9.00 – 16.00 in Kristiansand, Norway
Submission deadline -  25 April (previously 15 April)
Notification – 5 May
Camera ready version – 22 May
Submission site: EasyChair<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=12cnow>
Submission Template: Download template CNoW12Template-2023.docx<https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/AISNET/9954cc33-febd-4d00-a506-9c0b32e65c70/UploadedImages/ECIS_2023_template/CNoW12Template-2023.docx>
The nature of work and organizing is changing with the deeper embedding of modern new digital technologies in the workplace. In response to the pandemic organizations have accelerated the pace of digital transformation. Emerging digital work practices and arrangements based on remote and hybrid work are now the new normal way of working in many organizations. This digitization is therefore transforming work, changing and challenging core aspects of organizations such as employee connectedness, engagement and how meaning and identity are formed and reproduced in day-to-day work.
These deep effects contribute to the emergence of new forms of organizing based on open platforms of communication, collaboration, and exchanges. Digital workplace platforms and ecosystems can thus support more dynamic and fluid work arrangements within and across organizations, and allow for more flexibility in terms of when, where, and how we work. The potential to leverage the opportunities from this new landscape of work in organizations to improve the lives of workers is enormous.
Although there is great potential to create a better society and more sustainable organizations,  this changing nature of work raises many concerns and unintended consequences (e.g., digital fatigue, impact on well-being, meaningless work with algorithmic management and the corrosion of privacy). We need to explore those critical challenges for the future digitization of workplace and organizing and how to digitize for the next generation.
In this workshop we are interested in the debate between the bright and dark side of the changing nature of work.
At the workshop, a combination of short presentations and group discussions will be used to facilitate the exchange of ideas. The workshop will take place in-person. We are pleased to have keynotes speakers at the event stimulating our thinking and setting context for the round table discussions.

Louise Harder Fischer, phd
Associate Professor

Head of Programme for Digital Innovation & Management MSc
Information Systems and Digital Innovation Research Group - Business IT
IT-Universitetet i København
Rud Langgaardsvej 7, Office 3D 12
+4530115690

Recent publications:
Fischer, LH (Red.) & Nikolajsen, HW. (Red.) 2023. “Studier af relevante og tidstypiske digital udfordringer i en dansk/nordisk kontekst: en forskningsantologi fra Business IT-instituttet på IT-Universitetet i København. Kan hentes her<https://pure.itu.dk/da/publications/studier-af-relevante-og-tidstypiske-digital-udfordringer-i-en-dan>

Fischer, L.H.; Wunderlich, N.; Baskerville, R. (2023): Artificial Intelligence and Digital Work: The Sociotechnical Reversal. In: 56th Hawaii International Conference of System Science. https://hdl.handle.net/10125/102655

Fischer, LH and Baskerville, RL (2022). ’Explaining Sociotechnical Change: An Unstable Equilibrium Perspective’. In: European Journal of Information Systems. Online at https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/3DUV36UFIQVPXUUU3S2X/full?target=10.1080/0960085X.2021.2023669

Community work:
Secretary and communication officer - SIG CNOW - ‘The Changing Nature of work’ Special Interest Group AIS. Home - SIG CNoW (aisnet.org)<https://communities.aisnet.org/sigcnow/home>
Track Chair of The Changing Nature of Work with ICT at AMCIS 2023 - Track Descriptions – AMCIS 2023 (aisconferences.org)<https://amcis2023.aisconferences.org/track-descriptions/#toggle-id-6>

Sendt fra Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> til Windows 10