[IRIS] REMINDER: Call for papers for the 10th CNoW Workshop - 12 december in Austin, Texas and Online

Louise Harder Fischer louf at itu.dk
Fri Sep 10 06:54:50 EDT 2021

Dear IS-Community in Scandinavia, this is a kind reminder 😊

Sorry for cross-posting.

Please consider to participate in and submit a 5-page extended abstract for the 10th CnoW workshop ”Changing the nature of work while building more sustainable and resilient organizations” (a pre-ICIS workshop) at the Marriot, in Austin, Texas, and online, the 12th December 2021.

Deadline for submission: the 25th September at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=10thcnow

We are celebrating that we are now officially an AIS-Special Interest Group (SIG-CNoW) and look forward to a full day of presentations, keynotes and discussions around the theme: The Changing Nature of Work.

From the call for papers:

Work and organizations is changing with the deeper embedding of modern new digital technologies in the workplace. This is transforming work but also changing and challenging core aspects of organizations such as employee connectedness, engagement and how meaning and identity is formed and reproduced in day-to-day work. These deep effects contribute to the emergence of new forms of organizing based on open platforms of communication, collaboration, and exchanges for example the growing use of crowd-based work platforms where it becomes less relevant to which organizations individuals belong. Digital workplace platforms and ecosystems can thus support more dynamic and fluid work arrangements within and across organizations, and allow for more flexibility in terms of when, where, and how we work. The potential to leverage the opportunities from this new landscape of work in organizations to improve the lives of workers is enormous but also, there is great potential to create a better society and more sustainable and resilient organizations. Yet, this changing nature of work also raises many concerns and unintended consequences (e.g., digital fatigue, impact on well-being, meaningless work with algorithmic management and the corrosion of privacy). This is the theme for this workshop where we would like to discuss new and current research that improves or challenges our understanding of these themes. At the workshop, a combination of short presentations and group discussions will be used to facilitate the exchange of ideas.

Read more about the workshop at http://cnow.digital<http://cnow.digital/>

On behalf of the program chairs,
Louise Harder Fischer, phd
Assistant Professor
Information Systems and Digital Innovation - Business IT
IT-Universitetet i København
+4530115690

Recent papers:
Selected as Top 25% best paper of AMCIS 2021.
Fischer, LH and Staykova, K. (2021). ’Digital Tactics: Resolving Emerging Socio-Technical Tensions in the Digital Workplace.’ AIS Electronic Library (AISeL) - AMCIS 2021 Proceedings: Digital Tactics: Resolving Emerging Socio-Technical Tensions in the Digital Workplace (aisnet.org)<https://aisel.aisnet.org/amcis2021/org_transform/org_transform/12/>.

Nominated for best paper at ECIS 2021.
Fischer, LH and Grunnet, F. (2021). ’Socio-technical Change and Effective Leadership Approaches.’ A Covid- 19 perspective. In Proceedings of the European Conference in Information  Systems. "EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP APPROACHES IN SOCIO-TECHNICAL CHANGE" by Louise Harder Fischer and Frederikke Grunnet (aisnet.org)<https://aisel.aisnet.org/ecis2021_rp/132/>

Program Chair of the 10th International Workshop of the ‘Changing Nature of Work with ICT’ at ICIS 2021. www.cnow.digital<http://www.cnow.digital>.
Program Chair of The Scandinavian Conference of Information Systems 2022 in Denmark.

Sendt fra Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> til Windows 10