[IRIS] Several positions: Tenure-track assistant professors & Associate professors

Peter Axel Nielsen pan at cs.aau.dk
Sun Jan 9 02:26:52 EST 2022

Tenure-track assistant professor: https://www.stillinger.aau.dk/vis-stilling/?vacancy=1180937

Associate professor: https://www.stillinger.aau.dk/vis-stilling/?vacancy=1180936

Department of Computer Science at Aalborg University is highly regarded in Denmark among researchers, students, and external partners because of our leading research, education, and collaboration. The department currently has more than 130 scientific staff, 15 administrative staff, and 1300 students.

Our research is recognised internationally and nationally to be at the highest level of excellence according to community standards, prioritizing quality over quantity. We balance applications and theory, and societal and scientific impact, applying research to solve real-world problems, while also conducting foundational research with potential long-term impact. As part of this, we are acknowledged and respected for close collaboration with industry and for applying research to create impact and value for society, in particular within the area of sustainable development.

Our educations are problem-based and recognised for producing highly skilled graduates with very high employability, who are experienced with project work on solving real-world problems in diverse teams and able to think critically about the technologies they develop. In the workplace, we strive for diversity in nationality, culture, and gender, success as a team effort, maintaining an inspiring physical work environment, and ensuring a good work-life balance.

Over the last two years, the department has grown over 35% in scientific staff, hiring more than 25 assistant/associate professors and 7 full professors. This expansion is fueled by the success of our educations and our steady growth in externally funded research projects.

In 2020 we have established a new unit on Aalborg University’s Campus in Copenhagen, responsible for establishing a new bachelor's and master's educations in “Software”. This unit will over time build its own research profile and capacity, growing to around 20 scientific staff by 2025.

For more about the department see: https://www.cs.aau.dk/about

For more information about living in Denmark and Aalborg University´s international staff support, see https://www.isu.aau.dk/

About the position
We are looking to further expand our academic capacity with up to 8 new positions within existing strongholds, as well as further develop selected areas of strategic importance. We therefore welcome strong applications in the areas of Computer Science covered by our three research groups, and in particular in the areas of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Security, Systems Development, and Networks.
As Assistant Professor in Computer Science, you will be conducting research, teaching and engagement with society at an international standard. Facilitating this, you are associated with one of the department’s three research groups, on either the Aalborg or the Copenhagen campus. The announcement includes:

Human-Centered Computing
This group emphasizes on the design, development, and use of interactive computer systems from a human-centered perspective, including software development, human-computer interaction, digitalization, human-centred artificial intelligence, interaction design, user experience, and innovation. http://www.cs.aau.dk/research/human-centered-computing

Peter Axel Nielsen
Professor & Head of Department | Human-Centred Computing | Department of Computer Science

T +45 99408912 | M+45 21284155 | E pan at cs.aau.dk<mailto:pan at cs.aau.dk> | W people.aau.dk/~pan<http://people.aau.dk/~pan> | @panaau

Aalborg University | Selma Lagerlöfs Vej 300 | 9220 Aalborg | Denmark

[signature_1134894999]