[AISWorld] Call for Participation: AoM/OCIS Junior Faculty Workshop (Friday, August 12)

Manju Ahuja manju.ahuja at louisville.edu
Thu May 12 12:26:01 EDT 2011

Call for Participation
Junior Faculty Workshop, Academy of Management Meeting 2011

Each year the OCIS Division sponsors a Junior Faculty Workshop just prior to the Academy of Management Annual Meeting.  The purpose of the Workshop is to explore strategies and helpful practices for developing successful academic careers.  The Workshop involves senior faculty mentors and up to 25 junior faculty.  This is an invitation to untenured faculty to sign up for the 2011 event.

The 2011 Workshop will be held on Friday, August 12th in San Antonio, TX.

The faculty counselors participating in the 2011 Junior Faculty Workshop are:

Manju Ahuja (University of Louisville)
Laurie Kirsch (University of Pittsburgh)
Kalle Lyytinen (Case Western Reserve University)
Cathy Urquhart (Manchester Metropolitan University)
Joanne Yates (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
Molly Wasko (University of Alabama at Birmingham)

This year’s topics include publication quality and quantity, tenure and promotion, work-life balance, and developing and fostering professional relationships.  There is still an opportunity to shape the agenda, and I would welcome any suggestions from those who plan on registering to attend.

Pre-registration for the Workshop is required.  To register, go to the Academy of Management website at https://secure.aomonline.org/PDWReg.   You will notice a $60 fee for the Workshop.  The purpose of the fee is to partially cover the cost of a group dinner on Friday.

Over the years, the OCIS Junior Faculty Workshops have played a very important role in helping hundreds of individuals develop their careers and build professional relationships.  These events are critical and timely opportunities, and I strongly encourage the junior faculty in our community to give serious consideration to attending this year.  I look forward to seeing you in San Antonio!

If you have any questions about the Workshop or suggestions about topics you would like to see covered, please send me an e-mail at manju.ahuja at louisville.edu.

Manju Ahuja

Manju K. Ahuja, Ph.D.
Professor