[AISWorld] Health Informatics curriculum

Samir Chatterjee profsamir1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 13:05:51 EST 2012

Dear Jerry:
As an IS person running one of the early masters program in HIT/HIM I and
some colleagues have been inundated with similar questions. So we decided
to write a paper about this. In fact we address all the curriculum,
faculty, professional society etc issues in that paper. The paper has been
accepted and will be published in the January issue of CAIS.

S. Chatterjee, C. Lerouge and M. C. Tremblay, "Educating Students in Health
Information Technology: IS Community Barriers, Challenges and Paths
Forward" forthcoming in the *Communications of the Association for
Information Systems*.

We hope this paper will be valuable to many IS academics who are thinking
of starting new programs in Healthcare Informatics.
Thanks
Samir

P.S Jerry I am sending you an advance  copy of our paper in a separate
email.

--
Dr. Samir Chatterjee
Professor & Fletcher Jones Chair of Technology Management
profsamir1 at gmail.com
http://wfs.cgu.edu/chatters/home/

Director, Network Convergence Lab http://www.networkconvergencelab.com
Program Director, Master's in Health Information Management
Associate Editor, MIS Quarterly, Health Systems, IJBDCN
Member: IEEE (senior), ACM (senior), AIS, AMIA
Author: http://designscienceresearch.wordpress.com/about/
Innovations in Patient Empowerment
<http://patientempowerment.org/>Healthcare Symposium Chair Nov 11-12,
2012