[AISWorld] Fwd: The Impact of Trump Administration- GLOCER Conference

ilia ilia at ibissoft.se
Tue Feb 7 03:41:07 EST 2017

Dear colleagues,

As a non American, I, probably, should not intervene, but as the
conference is called "Global ...", I have two questions in relation to
this announcement:

1. Isn't it a bit too early to investigate impact of the administration
that just came to being. If yes, IMHO, it should be called "Prediction
on impact ...", and predictions are always dangerous (seldom fulfilled).
It would be much easier to investigate impact of the administration of
the previous presidents, e.g. Obama, Bush II, Clinton, Bush I, and why
not Reagan and even Carter.

2. As it is a Global conference, what can we, non Americans, do? For
example, can I submit a paper on the impact of Stefan Löfven's
administration  (our current Prime minister) on the list of issues
defined, or may Brits say something about impact of their current Prime
minister's administration (which could be quite significant)?

I would suggest that conference tracks are of a more general nature than
a particular American president that just came to power. Something like
"Impact of a central government policies on ...". If a particular
government is of importance, this can be noted in the explanation.

Sincerely
Ilia