[AISWorld] AMCIS 2019 - Additional Travel Information

Garfield, Monica MGarfield at bentley.edu
Wed Jul 31 10:53:28 EDT 2019

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D5478E.2ED162A0]AMCIS Additional Travel Information

Dear AMCIS participant,

As the date of our wonderful conference approaches, we want to make sure you have everything you need for an enjoyable travel experience. Please keep in mind the following:

1. TAX exemption for foreign citizens (non Mexican): There are two types of taxes that are normally paid for your hotel stay: 16% VAT and 3% hospitality tax. Good news! You can save the 16% VAT if you present you passport to the person at the front desk upon check in, and mention that you want to be exempted from paying the VAT (IVA in Spanish). They will make a photocopy of your passport and keep it in file. You need to pay your bill with a credit card on your name for this to be feasible.

2. Want some side touristic activities before and after the conference, or for your family? We have included a link of a local travel agent which will be giving special discount for AMCIS participants. You will find great archeology, beach, nature, and other great packages for your enjoyment on the Mexican Caribbean. Please be advised that all responsibility is between you and the vendor. Visit the local attractions page on the conference website at:
https://amcis2019.aisconferences.org/hotel-travel/local-attractions/

3. Review the global travelers section for tips about electricity, tipping, visas, time zones, exchange rates, language, and other issues that may come in handy to know before you travel to Cancun.
https://amcis2019.aisconferences.org/hotel-travel/global-travelers/

4. Have you registered for the workshops and ancillary events of your preference? You can still do it, and don't forget to purchase the event guess passes for your love ones. Visit the registration page to add items to your registration.
https://amcis2019.aisconferences.org/register/

You haven't registered yet?<https://amcis2019.aisconferences.org/register/> Hurry up! The deadline for regular registration rates is August 1st.

Please don't hesitate to contact us should you have any particular questions or assistance.

We look forward to welcoming you in Cancun for this big celebration of our 25th anniversary and we wish you a safe and pleasant journey!

See you in Cancun for the best AMCIS ever!

Guillermo Rodríguez-Abitia and Carlos Ferran
AMCIS 2019 Conference co-chairs.